IT Assistant, Level 2 (Provisional) – Telecom
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
BOROUGH OF MANHATTAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE/CUNY
JOIN THE PREMIER URBAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE IN THE NATION
Please see our Website for a detailed description: www.bmcc.cuny.edu/jobs
IT Assistant, Level 2 (Provisional) – Telecom – Job ID #10634
I.T. Assistants perform entry-level professional work in technology-related disciplines.
While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Assistants work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar based on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include resolving minor technology problems, monitoring activities, and maintaining documentation. They have latitude for independent initiative and judgment, under supervision.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
Assists in managing BMCC VoIP Telephony system for all our campuses (4 physical locations). This individual will also assist in managing BMCC Cellular & Various services Contract like PRI, SIP, Wireless 4G cards etc.
Troubleshoot major telecommunications issues.
Assist in identifying and completing telecommunications projects.
Day-to-day infrastructure support/maintenance.
Assist in Infrastructure design/architecture.
Provide telecom/data carrier provisioning, billing, and troubleshooting procedures, and implementation and operation of virtual infrastructures.
Configuration and optimization of all aspects of VoIP telephone systems and related network equipment and services including Cisco Call Manager.
Provide assistance and support to other Administrators in analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving (remote) network related problems.
Work with other IT team members to develop design strategies and implementation plans for new initiatives and/or to resolve problems.
Provide design and software support for PBX, voice mail, voice networks, and video systems.
Act as technical resource for all assigned project work.
1. High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
2. A minimum of six months of full-time experience in a computer or technology-related position. Experience that is more than 20 hours per week and less than 35 hours per week may be counted at 50% of the requirement (i.e., two months of part time experience equal to one month full time experience)
3. Additional experience and/or education that can be met by ONE of the following: An additional three years and six months of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; an Associate's degree plus 18 months of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
4. Demonstrated English Language proficiency
5. A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
This title has three levels. To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
Preferred qualifications include:
1 to 3 years of Cisco VoIP & Data experience
Cisco Call Manager (CCM)
Cisco Unity/Unity Connections
Layer 1, 2, and 3 network experience
New Hire: $46,704*
*This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
Closing Date: 06/7/14
How to apply: www.cuny.edu/employment.html
Click on Search Job Listings.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICAN DISABILITY ACT EMPLOYER/IRCA VERIFICATION REQUIRED-NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE