Development Corporate and Foundation Relations Director
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Job Vacancy Notice
Job Title: Development Corporate and Foundation Relations Director
Job ID: 10687
Location: Queensborough Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Directs College corporate and foundation relations strategy and operations.
-Designs, develops and oversees strategic program to secure corporate and foundation funding for various College initiatives
-Responsible for meeting specific goals and targets
-Develops funding strategies, assesses outcome of strategic plan, and refines approaches to meet priority objectives
-Oversees a portfolio of corporate and foundation donors to establish and sustain ongoing relations; cultivates new prospects
-Maintains relationships with sponsoring organizations to promote and maintain funding
-Ensures reporting requirements are completed in timely and accurate manner
-May develop proposals for institutional, academic, and arts grants
-Manages professional and clerical staff
-Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Development Corporate and Foundation Relations Director
Higher Education Officer
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations will lead and expand the College's fundraising efforts with business, industry, corporate, and community leaders as well as with private foundations to support the College and its programs. Fundraising priorities at Queensborough Community College include the following: student scholarships and support; the college's three cultural centers: Kupferberg Holocaust Center, QCC Art Gallery, and Performing Arts Center (QPAC); and faculty development and pedagogy, with particular emphasis upon high impact learning practices to increase retention and graduation rates among the College's diverse student body.
- Raise funds for the college and its programs to meet annual goals.
- Maintain a rigorous schedule of contacts with corporate, foundation, and community representatives.
- Generate new fundraising leads among community, business, corporate, and industry leaders.
- Cultivate, solicit, secure, and steward corporate and private foundation gifts and grants.
- Plan and coordinate the Annual Partners Gala.
- Develop and write highly competitive proposals for corporate and foundation prospects.
- Coordinate special event fundraisers and donor engagement/recognition/stewardship activities/events.
- Supervise staff.
Non-standard work hours may apply.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
- Documented fundraising experience with business, corporations, and foundations required
- Excellent writing and communication skills required both in terms of writing compelling case statements as well as with grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Budget development and management skills required
- Must be able to write 1-2 page preliminary proposals quickly (within 24 hours)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Highly organized and detail- and deadline-oriented
- Fundraising knowledge of Queens, Long Island, and NYC preferred
Salary commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
June 4, 2014. Review of resumes to start on May 19, 2014.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Please Apply Online