College Laboratory Technician - Mathematics & Computer Science
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
|Position:||Non-Tenure Track Faculty|
Job Vacancy Notice
Job Title: College Laboratory Technician - Mathematics & Computer Science
Job ID: 10681
Location: Queensborough Community College
Performs highly-skilled laboratory functions and other technical duties in support of coursework.
- Sets up, maintains, and organizes student laboratories
- Assists students with setting up experiments and other learning exercises, and with the use of equipment and materials
- Maintains appropriate safety and hygiene standards
- Maintains required documentation related to laboratory activities
- Manages equipment and materials inventories.
Job Title Name: College Laboratory Technician
College Laboratory Technician
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Assist with PC support (Windows platform), peripheral repairs, network printer maintenance, mobile smart cart deliveries, and classroom smart podiums support. Assist faculty and students with assignments during scheduled lab sections and help computer lab staff supervise the Computing Facilities.
Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
High School Diploma with a minimum of four years' related experience. Additional education may be used to meet the experience requirement: an Associate degree may be substituted for two years’ experience, and a Bachelor's degree may be substituted for four years’ experience.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7/Windows 8 and MS Office
- Experience with the following software- C++, Visual Studio, Minitab and Maple, recent experience with instructional technology, projection systems, and document presenters
- Working knowledge of motherboards, memory, and power supplies; experience with software installations, updates, and fix packs
Commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
June 4, 2014. Review of resumes to start on May 19, 2014.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Please Apply Online