Administrative Coordinator - CUNY Start
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Job Vacancy Notice
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - CUNY Start
Job ID: 10676
Location: Queensborough CC
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Division of Pre-College, Continuing Education and Workplace Development at Queensborough Community College is seeking an Administrative Coordinator for the CUNY Start Program. CUNY Start is an intensive 18 week program that offers full-time classes in academic reading, writing, and math for students who have not passed one or more of the CUNY placement tests.
- Handles all logistical tasks supporting student recruitment efforts.
- Maintains recruitment tracking report and issues report as needed.
- Inputs and maintains program data and communicates to Central Office as needed.
- Designs and produces class rosters at the beginning of the term and updates accordingly.
- Acts as liaison with Registrar concerning message courses.
- Assists with bookkeeping and budget reconciliation.
Bachelor's Degree required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- 2 years related experience in higher education
- Experienced in using Excel
- Availability for possible evening hours
$35,576 - $40,129
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Please attach resume, cover letter, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
June 1, 2014. Review of resumes to start on May 16, 2014.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Please Apply Online.