Fort Lewis College, History
Visiting Instructor, World History, Islamic World including Africa or Asia
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Colorado, United States|
Full-time Visiting Instructor - History Dept.
Fort Lewis College - Durango, Colorado
Summary: The History Department invites applications for a full-time temporary Visiting Instructor starting in Mid-August 2014. This position is for one academic year with a possibility for renewal for additional years depending on funding and performance.
- A.B.D. in History with a focus on the Islamic World including Africa or Asia
- Ability to teach the World Civilization survey courses.
- Ph.D. in History (of the Islamic World including either Africa, or Asia)
- Experience teaching World Civilization I and II
- Experience teaching surveys of either Africa or East Asia
- Teach 12 credit hours each Fall and Spring semester.
- Collaborate with colleagues in course curriculum, assessment, and other program-related activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applications received by April 30, 2014 will receive full consideration. The position will remain open until filled.
Finalists will be requested to send unofficial copies of transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate studies (and maybe recommendation letters, if you decide not to ask for letters to apply).
The successful candidate will be required to submit official transcripts, complete the FLC application for employment, and pass a background check per state law.
Application Process: Applicants should submit the following via email:
1. Letter of Application addressing how you meet the minimum and (if applicable) preferred qualifications for the position
2. Current curriculum vitae
3. List of references
Address queries and documents to:
Departments of English/Communications, History, and Sociology
|Primary Category:||World History / Studies