City University of New York - Graduate Center, Office of Facilities Services & Campus Planning/Office of Building Design & Exhibition
Administrative Executive Coordinator
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Administrative Executive Coordinator
Job ID: 10361
Department: Office of Facilities Services & Campus Planning/Office of Building Design & Exhibition
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: April 12, 2014
Campus Specific Information
The Graduate Center defines the standard of contemporary graduate education: rigorous
academic training and globally significant research. It is recognized for outstanding scholarship across the humanities, sciences, and social sciences, and is integral to the intellectual and cultural vitality of New York City. Through its extensive public programs, the Graduate Center hosts a wide range of events - lectures, conferences, book discussions, art exhibits, concerts, and dance and theatre - that enrich and inform.
The Executive Coordinator provides assistance to the Director for the day-to-day operations of the Office of Building Design and Exhibitions. The Office of Building Design and Exhibitions is part of the Facilities Services and Campus Planning Department which oversees building design, office design, furniture selection and specification; coordinates space decisions with the office of the Provost and implements those decisions; and deals with art, the art gallery, and other design matters.
- Screens and directs the requests for service to the Building Design and Facilities, Head Porters, and Chief Engineer.
- Supervises day porters (Collins Building Services Inc.). Assigns and evaluates work and maintains time and leave records of Porters.
- Maintains communication via phone and e-mail with Building Design and Facilities, Chief Engineer, Head Porter, faculty and staff, and administrators of the Graduate Center. Interprets these requests and sends them to the appropriate departments under the Facilities Department umbrella including the directors and staff of Audio/Visual, Special Events, Building Design, the Cleaning Staff, the Porters, and the Building Engineers. In coordination with these departments, tracks the workflow.
- Prepares reports of all scheduled events as well as any cancellations or changes on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Using Event Pro (event software) and Microsoft Access, maintains all relevant departmental data for reports and future planning.
- Prepares report of services, creates daily paper worksheets for the staff, and keeps the electronic and paper records of the tasks using Archibus, the CUNY-wide Facilities Management tool.
- Processes and submits Purchase Requisitions to purchasing office and e-purchasing for both Building Design and Facilities.
- Researches items to be purchased for both Building Design and Facilities online; tracks the purchase, delivery, and payments.
- Maintains the request for pest extermination log book.
- Orders office supplies.
- Provides administrative support to a Campus or University Executive.
- Coordinates office operations such as meetings, communications, events, and reports.
- Maintains extensive files and records for the unit.
- Maintains accurate calendars, schedules, and key dates.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using appropriate technology. Runs basic system queries and reports to provide data.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s), manuals, and other materials.
- Provides clear communications on the Executive's behalf both within and outside the unit.
- May perform related duties as assigned; may participate in special projects and efforts to improve unit effectiveness.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Two years of procurement experience preferred
- Familiarity with CUNYFirst Procurement Module a plus
- Proficient in MS Access, Word, Event Pro, Archibus, Outlook
- Ability to exercise independent thinking and judgment in sensitive matters
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task is a must
Please apply using the link below:
***If you are unable to upload your application please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***