Director of Academy Advising
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Job Vacancy Notice
Job Title: Director of Academy Advising
Job ID: 10283
Location: Queensborough Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Directs development and operations of academic counseling services
- Designs, implements and monitors a comprehensive academic advisement model and protocol
- Oversees outcomes assessment and creates strategic plan to further enhance academic advisement services
- Manages an academic advisement center to ensure consistent and reliable information is provided to students
- Cultivates and maintains strategic partnerships; serves as primary liaison to faculty and administrators regarding academic counseling services; and works with academic departments to develop faculty advisement components
- Administers all compliance and data integrity activities of academic counseling in accordance with University standards
- Advises College administration on policy interpretation and execution regarding University academic counseling standards and best practices
- Develops and manages unit budget
- Manages professional and clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Advising Director
Higher Education Officer
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Queensborough Community College's Office of Academy Advisement consists of five academies by disciplines:
- Business Academy
- Health-Related Sciences Academy
- Liberal Arts Academy (including Education and Criminal Justice)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Academy
- Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) Academy
Each of the five Academies provides students with special learning opportunities and activities, along with personalized guidance from an Academy Adviser. All full-time students will participate in at least two high-impact learning experiences such as service-learning, e-portfolios, learning communities, writing intensive courses, and more.
The Director of Academy Advisement reports to the Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management and is responsible for overseeing and providing overall leadership, supervision, coordination, and planning to the Office of Academy Advisement. The acumen to implement proactive strategies, using the College's Academic Advisement Plan is crucial to the success of the position.
The primary responsibilities of the Director are:
- Guide the development and implementation of all activities pertaining to Academy Advisement.
- Supervise, oversee, and coordinate the activities of the Academy Advisement Center and staff.
- Develop short- and long-term strategic objectives and goals for the Academy Advisement Center.
- Develop extensive informational networks with all academic and administrative departments, campus groups, and organizations in the establishment and enhancement of partnerships that lead to the College reaching its student success outcome goals.
- Administer and monitor data collection pertinent to academic progression and achievement of students.
- Create and implement survey analysis that monitors the Academy Advisement Center's ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Train departmental staff as liaisons between faculty and Academy Advisement Center.
- Implement the QCC Academy Advisement Plan.
- Assume other responsibilities and/or projects as directed by the Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management.
Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience required.
- Earned Master's degree
- Experience in academic advising
- Experience managing a large professional and clerical staff
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Knowledge of the University with its requirements and regulations preferred
- Computer literacy, including word processing and database management
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information, or visit:
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
April 3, 2014
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.