Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar, School of the Arts
Assistant Professor, Interior Design Faculty
|Institution Type:||College / University|
INTERIOR DESIGN FACULTY
VCUQatar (www.qatar.vcu.edu) is the Qatar campus of the prestigious Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts in Richmond, Virginia. Established in 1998 through a partnership with the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, VCUQatar offers students the opportunity to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in Art History and Fine Arts degrees in Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design and Painting & Printmaking; and, a Master of Fine Arts degree in Design Studies. Located in Doha, the capital city of Qatar, VCUQatar is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art & Design, The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Council for Interior Design Accreditation. The current student body represents a diverse range of nationalities with students coming from more than 40 different countries.
VCUQatar strives to provide an engaged, learner-centered environment that fosters inquiry, discovery and innovation in a global setting. The university hosts the biennial international art and design conference Tasmeem Doha and supports the biennial Hamad bin Khalifa Islamic Art Symposium, attracting globally recognized scholars, designers, academics and thinkers while fostering sustainable, university-community partnerships that enhance the educational, economic and cultural vitality of Qatar. The university has substantial involvement with the emerging design industries and museum communities in Qatar and is a significant catalyst for that growth. It has established itself as a center of excellence for education and research in art and design.
The Interior Design Program invites applications for a 9-month faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. Primary instructional responsibilities for the Interior Design Faculty will revolve around teaching studio and theory design courses at the undergraduate level, though preference will be given to candidates with sustainability and two-dimensional and three-dimensional design visualization and animation. This faculty is expected to be actively participating in program development, forming liaisons with the interior design industry, cooperating and collaborating with VCUQ faculty to promote the interior design program, supporting accreditation standards and participating in faculty governance, service and student advising. The faculty will participate on university committees as requested and will perform all other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree or terminal degree in interior design or a closely related field.
• Demonstrated teaching, research and industry experience.
• Must be NCIDQ certified, or indicated a willingness to be certified.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCUQatar.
• Proficiency in application of the design process, design graphics, building codes and accessibility standards, sustainability, specifications and drafting, rendering, two-dimensional and three-dimensional design visualization and animation software application.
• Established record of accomplishments in research or professional work in area of specialization is strongly preferred.
• Competitive international salary
• Tax protection for U.S. Taxpayers
• 30% Off-shore supplement to base salary
• Medical Insurance (100% employer funded premium and employer cost shared options available)
• Fully furnished villa or apartment including wireless internet
• Annual travel allowance to home of record (to include a spouse and dependents relocated to Qatar)
• Monthly transportation allowance
• Educational reimbursement for up to 4 dependent children enrolled in an accredited K-12 program
• International Professional Development and Research Opportunities
Application Process: Qualified applicants who have a record of achievement appropriate to VCUQatar should submit a letter of interest with a curriculum vitae and the names of five references including email and telephone contact information to VCUQatar eRecruit. Only Electronic submissions will be accepted.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action university providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.
|Primary Category:||Art and Art History