North Dakota State University, History, Philosophy, and Religious Studies
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, History/Social Studies Education
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||North Dakota, United States|
North Dakota State University invites inquiries, nominations, and applications for a tenure-track position in the School of Education and the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences. The position is focused on history and social studies education to begin August 16, 2014, or as negotiated. The position will be housed in the Department of History, Philosophy, and Religious Studies with a joint appointment in the School of Education in the College of Human Development and Education.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities will include undergraduate and graduate instruction in secondary history/social studies methods as well as in his/her social studies content area; research and scholarly activity; supervision of field experiences; advising undergraduate and graduate students; and collaboration with internal and external constituencies.
- Earned doctorate in history or social studies education or closely related area
- Successful history/social studies teaching experience in Grades 7-12.
- Strong background and some research experience in their disciplinary field
- Demonstrated potential to conduct research in history/social studies teaching and learning
- Effective interpersonal, communication and technology skills
- Proven teaching and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality and well-being of one's department
- Earned doctorate in History
- Demonstrated leadership in history/social studies education activities
- Experience with school/university collaboration and partnerships
- At least 3 years of successful history, and a subfield such as world/social studies teaching experience in Grades 7-12
- Expertise in modern European or U.S. history, with some subfields such as world history, Native American history, North Dakota history, or public history
Review of applications will begin after October 15, 2013, and will continue until position is filled. Submit a letter detailing qualifications; a complete vita; unofficial graduate transcripts; and letters of professional reference from three referees via the NDSU job posting at https://jobs.ndsu.edu/postings/3871.
The search will be conducted in compliance with North Dakota open records laws. NDSU is an equal opportunity institution. People of color and women are encouraged to apply.
Search Committee Chair:
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||European History / Studies