HR Project Specialist
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Title: HR Project Specialist
Job Opening ID: 7391
Job Family: Human Resources-Employee Svcs
Closing Date: February 2, 2013
Location: Queensborough CC
Position #: 00115922
Full/Part Time: F
Develops and administers processes and policies regarding Human Resources.
- Advises employees and managers on Human Resources policies and guidelines; provides a high level of customer service in assisting members of the College community
- Supervises and administers one or more human resources programs such as recruiting, pay administration, employee orientation, employee benefits, data entry and recordkeeping, and performance appraisal/reappointment practices
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of CUNY rules and regulations, relevant laws and guidelines, collective bargaining agreements, and College policies, and applies these to his/her areas of responsibility
- Investigates regarding sensitive employee issues or complaints
- Helps create innovative communications such as manuals, web pages, or employee meetings and provides these to the College community
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: HR Specialist
CONTRACT TITLE: Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Dean of Human Resources and Labor Relations, the HR Project Specialist will assist Queensborough Community College's HR Directors with special projects in the areas of employee on-boarding, classification and compensation, labor relations, and legal affairs.
In addition to the duties listed above, the HR Specialist will assist in the following areas:
- Process information and employment subpoenas.
- Manage the instructional staff employment verification process.
- Monitor and update the QCC HR Website to ensure compliance with current legislation and CUNY/QCC policies and practices.
- Serve as liaison to facilitate compliance with College and University policies as well as legislative requirements.
- Research and investigate special projects. Audit and perform appropriate follow-up as necessary; report findings to HR Team.
- Assist with the orientation and employment processing of new employees.
- Serve on College or University committees as appropriate.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
Legal educational background and experience with employment related and/or legal projects. Experience working in a diverse Higher Education setting is a plus. The candidate must have excellent writing and verbal communication skills, must be accurate, detail-oriented and thorough. Experience performing electronic research on a variety of labor/legal related topics preferred.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.