Academic Advising Director
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Title: Academic Advising Director
Job Opening ID: 7273
Job Family: Academic Support Services
Closing Date: January 11, 2013
Location: Queensborough CC
Position #: 00111033
Full/Part Time: F
Directs development and operations of academic counseling services.
- Designs, implements and monitors a comprehensive academic advisement model and protocol
- Oversees outcomes assessment and creates strategic plan to further enhance academic advisement services
- Manages an academic advisement center to ensure consistent and reliable information is provided to students
- Cultivates and maintains strategic partnerships; serves as primary liaison to faculty and administrators regarding academic counseling services; and works with academic departments to develop faculty advisement components
- Administers all compliance and data integrity activities of academic counseling in accordance with University standards
- Advises College administration on policy interpretation and execution regarding University academic counseling standards and best practices
- Develops and manages unit budget
- Manages professional and clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Advising Director
CONTRACT TITLE: Higher Education Officer
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Director of Academic Advisement reports to the Vice President for Student Affairs and is responsible for overseeing and providing overall leadership, supervision, coordination, and planning to the Office of Academic Advisement. The acumen to implement proactive strategies, using the College's Academic Advisement Plan is crucial to the success of the position.
The primary responsibilities of the director are:
- Guide the development and implementation of all activities pertaining to Academic Advisement
- Supervise, oversee, and coordinate the activities of the Advisement Center and staff.
- Develop short and long-term strategic objectives and goals for the Academic Advisement Center.
- Develop extensive informational networks with all academic and administrative departments, campus groups, and organizations in the establishment and enhancement of partnerships that lead to the College reaching its student success outcome goals.
- Administer and monitor data collection pertinent to academic progression and achievement of students.
- Create and implement survey analysis that monitors the Advisement Center's ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Train departmental staff as liaisons between faculty and Advisement Center.
- Implement the QCC Academic Advisement Plan.
- Assume other responsibilities and/or projects as directed by the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Occasional evening and weekend work required. Tuesday/Wednesday hours: 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience required.
Master's degree preferred.
Experience in academic advising is required. Strong oral and written communications skills are required. Knowledge of the University, its requirements and regulations, preferred. Computer literacy including word processing and database management is strongly preferred. Proven ability to motivate faculty and staff in the Academic Advisement plan is a plus. Experience managing a large professional and clerical staff.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Emplo