Academic Advisor - Center for International Affairs, Immigration & Study Abroad
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Title: Academic Advisor - Center for International Affairs, Immigration & Study Abroad
Job Opening ID: 7294
Job Family: Academic Support Services
Closing Date: January 12, 2013
Location: Queensborough CC
Position #: 00114364
Full/Part Time: F
Provides academic counseling and planning services to a diverse student population.
- Assists students with clarifying values and goals; counsels students regarding educational options, requirements, policies and procedures.
- Offers academic and personal support to guide students through the course selection process
- Provides students with effective and timely referral to other college and external support services
- Monitors and evaluates students¿ educational progress by conducting academic progress audits
- Establishes and maintains student files, databases and records; prepares activity reports and analyses
- May specialize in providing advice on specific programs or to specific student groups
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Advisor
CONTRACT TITLE: Assistant to HEO
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
- Assist in the planning and developing of the freshmen year program, which includes freshmen and other orientation programs, academic advisement, outreach and referrals for international students.
- Assist international students in understanding academic rule, regulations, cultural adjustments, and degree requirements.
- Provide advisement to international students regarding academic requirement, immigration criteria, career opportunities, and scholarship information.
Occasional evening/weekends required.
Bachelor's Degree required.
Minimum of two years experience in a collegiate environment, preferably in a student advisement setting, desirable. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a diverse college student population, exhibit strong interpersonal skills, and be computer literate. Applicant must possess strong organizational skills and be committed to the design and delivery of outstanding customer service.
Commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.