Pratt Institute, History of Art and Design
Assistant Professor - History and Theory of Design
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
The Department of the History of Art and Design at Pratt Institute invites applications for a full-time tenure track faculty position at the Assistant Professor rank to begin August 2013. Located on Pratt’s historic 25-acre campus in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn, the Department of the History of Art and Design confers BA, BFA and MS degrees and provides core curriculum to both the undergraduate and graduate programs of the School of Art and Design.
The successful candidate will have teaching experience, a promising record of publication and professional engagement, and the ability to work across departmental boundaries to reinforce and build upon Pratt’s active design culture.
• Teach survey courses in the history and theory of design and electives in area of specialization for undergraduate majors, M.A. students (including joint degree candidates), and studio majors in Pratt’s prominent design programs (the equivalent of 12 lecture hours of courses per week each fall and spring semester).
• Develop curriculum.
• Advise students.
• Conduct research and maintain substantial professional achievement in applicant’s field of expertise and teaching area.
• Publish research in peer-reviewed journals and other publication forms and disseminate scholarly work at professional meetings.
• Serve as Area Coordinator or provide departmental leadership as needed.
• Participate in committee work and other customary forms of service to the department, school, Institute and community.
• Perform all other related activities as required.
We require a Ph.D.: specific area of expertise, material focus, and specialization open, including non-western.
Applicants must also have teaching experience above T.A. level as well as a record of research and scholarly activity.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.
Review of applications will begin January 4, 2013 and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, CV, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Please apply via our online applicant system at http://tinyurl.com/9w83hv9