Chadron State College, Social & Communication Arts
History Faculty, World History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Nebraska, United States|
|Position:||Tenure Track Faculty|
Chadron State College, located in the beautiful Pine Ridge of northwestern Nebraska, is accepting applications for a tenure-track History Faculty vacancy to begin August 2013. Rank and salary commensurate with qualifications; excellent benefits package. Position open until filled.
- Doctorate in History with a concentration on process-based understandings of World History
- Successful background records check
- Ability to teach upper division courses in: Ancient World, Asia, China, Pacific Rim and Middle East
- Ability to teach courses cross-listed with Anthropology
- Proven teaching ability
- Experience with online and hybrid course development and delivery
- Knowledge of appropriate technology for face-to-face and online courses
- Ability to develop and teach interdisciplinary courses and First Year Inquiry
- Ability to assist in further recruitment and development of online MAE in History
- Willingness to provide appropriate regional outreach
- Experience working with teacher education candidates
Primary teaching responsibilities include Survey courses in World History and upper division courses. Active participation in the Essential Studies Program and the on-line MAE degree expected.
Active participation in CSC curriculum revisions, program development and assessment, development and instruction of on-line and interactive distance learning courses, pedagogies of engagement, campus and professional community service activities, student advising and recruitment, creative/scholarly activities in accordance with requirements established by the SCEA agreement, service on committees, collegiality, flexibility to the changes occurring within higher education, deep commitment to teaching, interest in the scholarship of teaching and learning, and other duties as assigned are expected.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply for this job online at http://www.csc.edu/hr/jobs/, click on Faculty, and then click on the green checkmark below “Apply for Vacancy.” Required application materials include the Chadron State College Employment Application form, cover letter, resume, and transcripts. Applicants can attach and submit their cover letter, resume, and transcripts within the online CSC Employment Application form. Questions regarding the application process can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org 308-432-6224.
More information about this position and our campus are available online at http://www.csc.edu/hr/jobs/.
CSC is an EOE.
|Primary Category:||World History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Ancient History
Asian History / Studies
Chinese History / Studies